Thursday, February 9, 2012

28 Days of Natural Beauty- Day 9 Heels and Dishwashers

28 Days of Natural Beauty- Day 9 Heels and Dishwashers


Day 8
Copyright Glamour Dec 2010 pg. 267 "baby it's warm inside." photograph by Frederike Helwig



Heels and Dishwashers go together like:
Fish and Chips,
Mustard and Hot Dogs,
Me and Cozy Pj bottoms,
My husband and college football.

WAIT... these things make sense...
LET's try that again......

Heels and Dishwashers go together like:
Cats and good listeners,
Cell phones and water,
A ceramic Coach Pete bobblehead and my kitchen tile floor,
My sister and a person eating a banana next to her.

YES, that's much better.

DAY 8... My version.
  1. This is what I used to look like and feel when I had to do dishes.


Heels and unloading the dishwasher are funny.
Thinking about it helps me lighten up on life.
I think it's funny. But maybe others think it's practical or sexy? Hmmm... I don't know..
Pulled out the DUSTY heels from under the bed for this one!





  1. Now this is what I try to FEEL like when I put dishes away. 
  2. I've tried to turn it into a positive time to be thankful life.
  3. Perspective.
  4. I put dishes away and sort of meditate.
  5. "I am thankful for a working dishwasher. I am thankful for healthy kids. I am thankful God blessed us with rain for our dry grass....etc."
  6. YES, those are dishes in my washer and sink... this is REALITY. :) Well, in my word of 3 busy kids, it is. 
Light: white umbrella, shoot through w/ speedlight. No kitchen light above. Tungsten light doesn't mix well with flash light..

Specs: Shot at  24mm f/5 1/200 ISO 400....Flash set at 50mm

Yesterday I was reminded about perspective.
How our perspective shapes the way we look at our life.
I met a baby who was on his way to heaven in a few days.
His parents and family were amazing, sweet and peaceful.

On my drive home I hit a large black plastic chunk of who-knows-what on the freeway.
It messed up my back tire big time and tore my wheel well liner 3/4ths off.
A nice Nampa police officer was right behind me and pulled over to help me.
I drove home very slowly as my tire deflated.
I didn't care.
It didn't upset me at all.
( I did get a little nervous about all the traffic on the freeway, but that was it.)
I came home, made dinner and hugged and played with my kids all night.
I am so thankful I have healthy kids.
I am so thankful for their smiles.
I am so thankful for my family and so, so, so much more.

Perspective.... Life is what you make it. So true. I am so thankful for what I have.

This is one of my FAVORITE all time songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBwr4U59EI&ob=av2n
It's my own feel good song.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go unload the dishwasher.
Yes, with heels on.
I do believe my 9 year old Black Ann Klien heels will have to do.

Peace, Love, Laughter and
Jello.... to go with the flow today.. be flexible and remember your perspective. 
No-L 

1 comment: